Tech – Stockholm
We are looking for talented and driven developers to join our team and help build a service that hundreds of thousand of people use every day to consume books. You are an Android Developer with a few years of hands-on experience. It is important that you think it is fun to grow and learn, both as a person and with our team. You love programming and want to be the best at what you do! You speak and write English fluently.
We work using Scrum in small and efficient teams that you will be an important part of.
Our teams are geographically distributed between centrally placed offices in two of Europe’s most beautiful cities; Stockholm and Copenhagen. This position is open for any of those offices.
What will you do?
- You will be a big part of our Android team joining in an early stage of building a new app.
- Write clear, safe and maintainable code covered by tests.
- Collaborate closely with other app developers, UX designers and backend developers on a daily basis.
- You have a deep understanding of different architectural approaches and design patterns.
- You are experienced with a variety of Android frameworks.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You understand the importance of having your code covered by tests.
- You like working in a team, as a team, and are used to give code reviews, do pair programming, etc.
- Experience with at least some of these frameworks/tools/concept in Android development: Audio playback, Epub readers, Android architecture components, Retrofit, Dagger2, Android Libraries/Modules, Gradle
Its beneficial if...
- You have experience working with (or setting up) some continuous integration tools.
- You have experience with Kotlin (We are still writing code in Java).
- You have a University degree in computer science or similar.
- You have a good feel for great user experience and design and can implement a user interface in a pixel-perfect manner.
What makes the Storytel app stand out?
The Storytel app has many features. It should be able to inspire and help the customer to find the next book that the customer wants to read. That is the browsing experience. Then the app has an audio playback feature which gives the user the ability to listen to audio books. Furthermore it has an Epub Reader, which gives the customer the ability the read books.
What makes Storytel stand out?
Storytel does not only write apps. Storytel has its own audio book recording, which gives Storytel the possibility to enter markets without any audio books. Furthermore Storytel has a concept called Storytel Originals which is books produced by Storytel.