At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and eBook streaming services, present in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Storytel, a Swedish company founded in 2005, is both a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. We are now looking for an Executive Producer within audio publishing to play a leading role in growing our exclusive Polish catalogue.
Reporting to the Head of Content Development, you will be part of the local Polish and global content teams, sharing efforts and achieving international publishing successes.
The main goals of the role are to:
- Ensure Storytel has the most exciting and complete licensed catalogue in the Polish language.
- Establish and uphold Storytel as the partner of choice for publishers and rights holders.
- Work cross-functionally to acquire and maintain the subscriber base in line with company mission, strategy and goals.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop Content, Talent and Publisher relationships.
- Develop a strong licensed content catalogue which is attractive to the local audience, including scouting stories and talent, creating business cases and manage creation within budget and timelines.
- Build and execute a data-driven publishing plan, including evaluating titles and implement learnings to optimize future releases.
- Involve stakeholders within Storytel to make sure projects meet targets, and make sure cross-functional alignment within the company's mission, strategy and budget.
- +3 years relevant experience in content development (preferably within the Polish audio, digital or publishing industry)
- Excellent negotiation experience with knowledge of complex deals
- Extensive knowledge of trends in the audio, digital and publishing industries
- A creative mindset and a passion for storytelling
- Innovative, results-oriented and with great communication skills
- Good analytical skills and full digital fluency
- Fluent in Polish and English, both spoken and written.
Apart from a passion for stories and audiobooks, we believe that you are familiar with digital publishing models and can think from our customer’s perspectives. You have good networking skills and already have existing networks that you can utilize in your role. We also believe that you are open-minded, entrepreneurial and have a commercial mindset: you must be confident to take the initiative, be accountable, and work independently and in teams from different countries and cultures.
What we can offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old truths. The Storytel culture – characterized by being welcoming and helpful – is important to us. We don’t believe in micromanagement, but we strongly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow with it.
The role is full-time, based in Warszawa, Poland.