At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and e-book streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 20+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic and creative place, with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are now looking for a Head of Research to join our Data & Insights domain!
About the role
As the Head of Research at Storytel reporting to the SVP Data and Insights, you will develop and implement comprehensive research strategies that align with Storytel's objectives and priorities. You will be responsible for guiding and executing a wide range of research initiatives, spanning both qualitative and quantitative methods. This role demands a proactive mindset, the ability to work with many different stakeholders, and a strong passion for user-centricity.
What you will do
- Research Planning : Identify research needs, develop detailed plans, and employ appropriate methodologies to gather insights.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research : Lead and conduct in-depth qualitative and quantitative research, including surveys, interviews, data analysis, and field studies.
- Report Preparation: Create clear and concise reports to communicate research findings to cross-functional teams and stakeholders. These reports should include actionable recommendations for the company.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with all the different markets and divisions to influence their strategy based on research insights.
- Knowledge Sharing : You will foster a culture of continuous learning by regularly sharing insights, trends, and best practices.
To be successful in this role we believe that you have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience as a researcher in a similar role, preferably in the digital entertainment or tech industry.
- Proficiency in survey design and analysis.
- Hands-on experience conducting user interviews and user behavior analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A positive attitude with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for continuous learning.
What we can offer
Storytel offers a dynamic, forward-thinking environment allows us to embrace new ideas and creative solutions, while continually challenging questioning old truths. Our approach to leadership is rooted in communication, trust and genuine care, recognizing that innovation often stems from collective wisdom, enabling individuals to thrive and achieve collective success.
We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible, and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.