Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and Ebook streaming services, and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world more empathetic, with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are now seeking a VP of Catalogue Management for our Content Department!
About the role:
As the VP of Catalog Management, you'll play a central role in our mission to weave connections between customers and captivating stories. Your responsibility is crucial in shaping the destiny of Storytel Streaming and Books. You'll be tasked with assembling, nurturing, and leading a dynamic team that bridges our content unit and other vital departments, including local GMs, marketing, product, finance, and our own publishers. Your primary objective: curate an irresistible content catalog that not only sets Storytel apart but also captivates our customers and optimizes content costs.
- Content Catalog Ownership: Drive the composition of Storytel Streaming’s content catalog in diverse markets, aiming for a distinctive, attractive, and engaging customer offering while optimizing content costs.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with local GMs, Marketing, Product, and Finance to understand and meet current and future customer content needs, aligning efforts with company-wide goals.
- Strategic Partnerships: Cultivate industry relationships to identify potential content investments and partnerships. Work closely with our Business Affairs team to secure new investments and partnerships.
- Market Analysis and Strategy: Evaluate market catalogs in collaboration with Content Strategy Analytics and Planning team, supporting Storytel’s ambition to reduce the cost of content.
- Data-Informed Insights: Provide data-informed insights to the Content Development Team by analyzing customer and industry data and trends to support creating and commissioning best-in-class content.
- Licensing and Acquisition: Identify new licensing partners for audiobooks and other audio formats. Explore content acquisition opportunities, including unexploited audio rights for production by our internal publishing house Storyside.
- Release Calendar Management: Oversee the content release calendar, strategically deciding when original and licensed content are released.
- Marketing Collaboration: Advise the marketing team on content curation in all markets, emphasizing customer engagement and lowering overall content costs, including exclusive Storytel Streaming content.
- Culture of Excellence: Develop and promote a culture of continuous improvement in Storytel’s programming efforts.
- M&A Advisory: Provide insights on potential content-based M&A opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience with curation, programming, or analysis with a global content company, preferably in the audio space - the ability to simultaneously wear editorial and business hats.
- Proven success as a strong builder and maintainer of relationships with internal and external partners and a track record in managing diverse stakeholders within a matrixed organization.
- A strong manager with a successful leader-of-leaders track record who hires well; empowers and manages their teams effectively; defines, implements, and enforces clear goals, processes, and standards; works well with teams outside their direct managerial control; and enjoys developing the next generation of leaders.
- A clear and succinct communicator who can make complicated topics feel simple and top-tier organizational skills with the ability to manage many workstreams simultaneously.
- Highly data-driven, analytics, and metrics/KPI-focused, with a structured approach to problem-solving.
- An understanding of the publishing and audio industry in the markets Storytel operates.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, with its fast pace and continuous change, and flexible and creative in response to competitive pressures.
Join us in shaping the future of storytelling at Storytel! If you're ready to lead, innovate, and make an impact - we want to hear from you.
What we offer
Storytel offers a dynamic, forward-thinking environment that allows us to embrace new ideas and creative solutions while continually challenging and questioning old truths. Our approach to leadership is rooted in communication, trust, and genuine care, recognizing that innovation often stems from collective wisdom, enabling individuals to thrive and achieve collective success.
We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities, and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they genuinely believe in. And, of course, you get unlimited access to audio and ebooks from our service!
If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English, and we will contact you as soon as possible.