We are looking for a Management Trainee with a highly analytical mind who can operate across the full spectrum of business at Storytel. In this role you will support Storytel’s Executive Team on a range of strategic and operational projects with a mission to develop and grow The Storytel Group’s business. The Storytel Trainee Program offers a unique opportunity to develop and learn within an international working environment and growing direct-to-consumer media and entertainment business.
About The Role
In this role, you will get broad exposure across the Storytel Group. You will report to Storytel’s Chief of Staff and work closely with Storytel’s Group CEO and broader Executive Team on a variety of tasks including project management and strategy-related analytical tasks. This is a demanding role where you will have to be able to think and work both strategically and operationally as well as develop an ability to plug into any area of the business quickly and effectively. The Storytel Trainee program is 12-18 months long; and after successfully completing the program you will have the opportunity to take on new responsibilities within the Storytel Group.
What you will do
Support the Group CEO and Executive Team on a broad range of tasks including strategic work and more hands-on supporting tasks
- Lead and participate in special projects across the Storytel organization
- Lead and participate in analytical work related to strategy, and conduct competitive analysis and market research relevant for the Group Executive Team
- Support scoping, analysis and development of overall recommendations towards the Executive Team and Board of Directors for decision making
- Assist in coordinating and tracking key projects and initiatives, and help ensure that timelines and deliverables are met
To succeed in this role we believe that you are:
- Curious, fast-learning and have a growth mindset
- Highly analytical with exceptional problem solving skills
- Driven with a hands-on attitude and strong commitment to follow-through
- A true self-starter and problem solver at heart
- Down to earth and a collaborative team player who can build relationships and trust within the organization quickly and effectively
- A strong communicator and storyteller who can synthesize insights from data and analysis into compelling narratives
- Comfortable in a rapidly evolving and a globally distributed environment
- Degree in business, engineering, product management or similar
- Great communication skills in English
- Great skills in Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides/Powerpoint
What We Offer
At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in.
Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories. There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.
The last day to apply for this position is October 1st 2023, and the preferred start date is January 2024.