At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in over 25 markets Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for an Interim Senior Analytics manager to join our team, this is a temporary position based in Stockholm or Copenhagen for 10 months to cover for a colleague on parental leave.
About the Team
The Analytics team at Storytel is part of the Data Science and Engineering domain. Our goal is to enable the business to explore, identify and optimize opportunities to drive future growth across product, content and other domains.
About the Role
As a Senior Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for leading a growing team of analysts in the scoping and execution of data and analytics projects that support the product strategy and the successful growth of the company. You will develop analytical solutions powered by a modern data stack in a dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to directly impact how we work with data across the organization.
You will, over time, shape the team and capabilities towards a truly federated operational model for analytics. If you're a data-driven, empathic leader with strong communication skills and a passion for driving positive change through data-driven decision making, you would be a great fit for our team.
Join us and play a key role in driving the growth of one of the world's leading audiobook and ebook streaming services.
What you’ll do
- Lead, manage and grow a team of data analysts
- Support the team to drive impact by prioritizing projects with highest business opportunity and/or of long term strategic importance while managing stakeholders expectations
- Mentor the team on data & analytics technical skills, career development and stakeholder management
- Collaborate closely with and influence business and product staff and leaders as part of multidisciplinary teams to assess analytics opportunities and develop data and analytics products and solutions
- Partner closely with peers and stakeholders within the data science engineering domain, broader engineering and product to support the successful end-to-end delivery of analyses and solutions
- Continuously collaborate with stakeholders to ensure data insights and solutions are incorporated in a day-to-day decision making, OKR planning and strategic prioritization
- Work closely with the data engineering team to support our efforts in delivering self service analytics solutions, appropriate data pipelines and documentation and capabilities to the community of analytics users
- Support Storytel’s efforts in becoming a data-led organization through capability building, adoption of new tooling, data literacy initiatives and supporting teams develop a data-first mindset in their workflows
To succeed in this role, we believe that:
- You have a background in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science, Statistics or a related field
- You have 7+ years of experience in analytics
- You have several years of hands-on experience in SQL, R, Python and data visualization tools
- You have few years of experience in directly managing data analytics team
- You are an empathic leader, who enjoys mentoring and coaching others
- You are highly adaptable and can successfully uncover and navigate greenfield analytics projects
- You have a deep interest and enthusiasm for working with data and are highly motivated to drive positive change in organizations through data-driven decision making
- You have strong communication skills to partner with stakeholders effectively and are able to successfully bridge with non-technical audiences
Bonus if you have one or more of the following:
Advanced relevant degree
- Experience in analytics management from product and/or growth companies
- Hands on modeling experience ( statistical modeling, forecasting, A/B testing, etc)
- Experience with the modern data stack and cloud technologies
- Experience with experimentation frameworks and platforms
What we offer
At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in. Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories.
There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance. Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods.
The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service! Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.