Interim Commercial Legal Counsel
At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. We offer hundreds of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks to customers in more than 27+ markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. Storytel is Northern Europe's largest audiobook streaming service and we’re now looking for an Interim Commercial Legal Counsel to join the team! Storytel’s vision is to make the world a more empathic and creative place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed anytime, anywhere by anyone.
About the Team
As Interim Commercial Legal Counsel you will join Storytel's dynamic global legal team that supports the entire Storytel Group and report to the General Counsel.
About the Role/what you will do:
This is an interim position based in Stockholm for a minimum of 6 months to cover for colleagues on parental leave. As Interim Commercial Legal Counsel at Storytel, you will support the organization with advice on various legal matters with a focus on commercial agreements, intellectual property law, marketing and consumer law and the work will entail support in relation to rights licensing agreements, tech/product development projects, reseller and distribution agreements, user terms, commercial partnership agreements, agreements for IT-systems and licenses, marketing agreements and campaigns etc. As part of the legal team, you will also encounter many other fields of law and should be comfortable in investigating and advising in areas of law outside your main area of expertise.
- Swedish LL.M (Jur. kand./Juristexamen) or international equivalent such as J.D. degree
- 2-3+ years of law firm and/or solid in-house corporate lawyer experience with a primary focus on commercial agreements, intellectual property law (mainly copyright) and marketing law
- A general understanding of privacy regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in stressful and/or ambiguous situations and to manage multiple projects at once and to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a genuine team-player mindset and being able to work independently within cross-functional teams.
- Strong business judgment, ability to think strategically and to give hands-on practical advice constitute basic requirements.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in an international legal environment
- Strong Swedish language skills to business-standard
- Experience from working within or related to the tech industry and especially other streaming services or services provided through apps or online
- Experiences from working within or against the publishing industry is a merit
- Experience from providing advice within the fields of competition law/antitrust law and the GDPR are also merits of interest.
What we offer
At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in.
Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories. There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
The Storytel culture in 3 words?
Trusting, Collaborative, Innovative.
Number of orange headphones?
Times we celebrate?
Whenever we have something to celebrate. It could be the launch of a Storytel Original, a great cross functional collaboration or a housewarming party. We like to celebrate - preferably with cake.
Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and offers unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Storytel is a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. The streaming business area offers subscriptions for audiobooks and e-books under the Storytel and Mofibo brands. Storytel’s publishing business area is carried out through the publishing houses Norstedts, Massolit, StorySide, Printz Publishing, People’s Press, Rabén & Sjögren, B.Wahlströms, Gummerus, Lind & CO and more. Storytel operates in 25+ markets around the globe and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Interim Commercial Legal Counsel
Loading application form
Already working at Storytel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.