Publishing Manager to Storytel Poland
We usually respond within two weeks
At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and eBook streaming services present in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Storytel, a Swedish company founded in 2005, is both a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. We are now looking for a Publishing Manager in Poland to join the team and play a leading role in growing our Polish catalogue.
Reporting to the Regional Content Manager, you will be part of the local Polish and global Content teams, sharing efforts and achieving international publishing successes.
The main goals of the role are to:
- Ensure Storytel has the most exciting and complete catalogue in the Polish language
- Establish and uphold Storytel as the partner of choice for publishers and rights holders
- Set the ground to acquire and maintain a member base by working with all workstreams (commercial, marketing, PR, curation etc.)
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Catalogue and Publishers Management
- Negotiate distribution deals with publishers to offer a complete Polish catalogue
- Manage relationships with publishers; deliver detailed reporting
- Content Acquisition
- Build and execute a publishing plan of exclusive audio content
- Lead negotiations with essential rights holders
- Analyze data, ensure data-driven approach for your rights acquisition decisions
- Work closely with Content Marketing and Curation on promoting content
- At least 5 years of demonstrable relevant working experience
- Excellent negotiation skills with knowledge of closing complex deals
- Experience from working in the content industry in Poland
- Excellent understanding of trends in the publishing, audio and digital industries
- Good analytical skills and full digital fluency
- Strong social and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Fluent in Polish and English, both spoken and written
Apart from a passion for stories and audiobooks, we believe that you are familiar with digital publishing models and can think from our customer’s perspectives. You have good networking skills and already have existing networks that you can utilize in your role. We also believe that you are open-minded, entrepreneurial and have a commercial mindset: you must be confident to take the initiative, be accountable, and work independently and in teams from different countries and cultures.
What we can offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity is welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old truths. The Storytel culture – characterized by being welcoming and helpful – is important to us. We don’t believe in micromanagement, but we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow with it.
The role is full-time, based in Warszawa, Poland.
The Storytel culture in 3 words?
Trusting, Collaborative, Innovative.
Number of orange headphones?
Times we celebrate?
Whenever we have something to celebrate. It could be the launch of a Storytel Original, a great cross functional collaboration or a housewarming party. We like to celebrate - preferably with cake.
Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and offers unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Storytel is a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. The streaming business area offers subscriptions for audiobooks and e-books under the Storytel and Mofibo brands. Storytel’s publishing business area is carried out through the publishing houses Norstedts, Massolit, StorySide, Printz Publishing, People’s Press, Rabén & Sjögren, B.Wahlströms, Gummerus, Lind & CO and more. Storytel operates in 25+ markets around the globe and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Publishing Manager to Storytel Poland
Loading application form
Already working at Storytel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.