Product Data Analyst
At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. We offer hundreds of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks to customers in more than 27+ markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. Storytel is Northern Europe's largest audiobook streaming service and we’re now looking for a Product Data Analyst to join the team! Storytel’s vision is to make the world a more empathic and creative place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed anytime, anywhere by anyone.
About the Team
As a Product Data Analyst, you will belong to the Analytics team who is responsible for delivering insights to the entire Storytel organization. We combine technical and statistical skills with business acumen and tailored communication to drive change at Storytel, using data. Our stakeholders work in domains ranging from product development and content management to business strategy and marketing.
Our technology stack is built on top of Google Cloud Platform and includes but is not limited to BigQuery (SQL), Looker and Jupyter Notebooks/Python.
About the Role
As a Product Data Analyst at Storytel you will have the opportunity to provide the organization with actionable insights to facilitate decision-making and enable commercial opportunities. End-to-end responsibility ranges from problem articulation, preparing & structuring of underlying data assets, analysis & data visualization as well as communication of final recommendations to business stakeholders. You master the intersection of traits such as statistical understanding, programming, presentation and people skills. You will also have the opportunity to be an internal data ambassador and upskill business stakeholders in order to grow data literacy at Storytel.
Some other things you will do is:
- Use data to enable Product Team decisions
- Conduct quantitative research to uncover opportunities and insights relevant for a given product team
- Setup, run and document experiments on features and ideas
- Give concrete product recommendations in the relevant Product Team, based on insights from analyses and experiments
- Manage working with different Product Teams, enabling their analyses while prioritising your work and effectively managing your time and their expectations
- Ensure that the product team understands and have access to the metrics and insights from your analysis.
- Ensure all stakeholders, including those outside of your immediate team are well informed about relevant insights and experiments
To be successful in this role we believe that you have:
- Experience working in SQL and Python (including pandas and data visualization packages)
- Sound knowledge of conducting experiments (A/B testing) and implementing appropriate analyses (this includes an understanding of relevant statistics concepts)
- Exposure to working with digital consumer-facing products, especially a streaming service is a plus
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- Analytical thinking and curiosity - we want you to feel comfortable exploring data and finding potential opportunities for improvement
- Independent and self-driven - to be able to support multiple product teams we need you to be motivated and comfortable working independently
And for some bonus points if you have
- Experience in the GCP tool stack (Looker, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience with data modelling and engineering procedures
- Experience with statistical modelling
- Experience in applying Machine Learning techniques to solve business problems
- Experience with the modern data stack and ecosystem
What we offer
At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in.
Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories. There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.
The Storytel culture in 3 words?
Trusting, Collaborative, Innovative.
Number of orange headphones?
Times we celebrate?
Whenever we have something to celebrate. It could be the launch of a Storytel Original, a great cross functional collaboration or a housewarming party. We like to celebrate - preferably with cake.
Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and offers unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Storytel is a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. The streaming business area offers subscriptions for audiobooks and e-books under the Storytel and Mofibo brands. Storytel’s publishing business area is carried out through the publishing houses Norstedts, Massolit, StorySide, Printz Publishing, People’s Press, Rabén & Sjögren, B.Wahlströms, Gummerus, Lind & CO and more. Storytel operates in 25+ markets around the globe and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Product Data Analyst
Loading application form
Already working at Storytel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.