Marketing Manager at Storytel France
We usually respond within two weeks
At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are now looking for a Marketing Manager for the French Market.
The role and team
We are looking to strengthen the Storytel France team with a Marketing Manager. As the company launched recently, you will have a great impact on our growth and development in the French market. You will be responsible for developing and executing on the marketing strategy in collaboration with the Country Manager for France and the central marketing team.
Together with the rest of the local team, you will work to identify new opportunities for growth and develop brand awareness and ensure all marketing efforts support our long and short-term KPIs. You will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders such as the central Marketing teams, Publishing team, Partnership Team, PR & Event, and Media agency.
You will be a part of a small and entrepreneurial team of passionate employees in Paris, reporting to the Country Manager in France. You will also work closely with central and regional teams, and be a part of an international organisation – with colleagues in 25+ markets across the world. At Storytel we are a team even though our responsibilities differ. We help each other with all kinds of tasks, big and small – and we, of course, expect this from you as well.
Responsibilities in the role
- Define and manage yearly marketing plan and budget together with the Country Manager
- Create a local media plan, including budget recommendations, planning of campaigns and follow-up media plans with the local agencies/stakeholders
- Conduct regional, market, competitor, and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Align with central teams and contribute with local expertise
- Plan, manage and execute marketing projects and campaigns from conception to set-up.
- Cost control and follow-up on marketing budget.
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and support processes are set up to effectively measure outcomes. Set campaign KPIs, conduct after-action reviews and share learnings.
- Research, develop, and deploy regional value propositions and narrative messaging targeted at local users to be activated into content, campaigns, and sales engagements.
To be successful in this role, we believe that you have
- +5 years of marketing experience, preferably in a streaming/content service, publishing house or similar and/or organization with a centralized marketing function
- Experience in managing and following up on successful digital campaigns
- Experience in online media planning & buying (directly or through a media agency), experience in traditional or offline media is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of the French market and have a strong understanding and appreciation for the nuances of the industry
- Data-driven and use insights in your daily work
- Fluent or on a professional level in French and English, both written and spoken
To thrive in this role, we believe that you are equally comfortable to setting the marketing strategy as well as executing it. We also believe that you are collaborative and used to working in a setting with many different stakeholders, internally and externally.
And for some bonus points
- Experience of working with a subscription business
- Experience of working in an international matrix organisation
What we offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity is welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement, we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and e-books from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, make sure to send in your application in English as soon as possible.
- Marketing Manager
The Storytel culture in 3 words?
Trusting, Collaborative, Innovative.
Number of orange headphones?
Times we celebrate?
Whenever we have something to celebrate. It could be the launch of a Storytel Original, a great cross functional collaboration or a housewarming party. We like to celebrate - preferably with cake.
Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and offers unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Storytel is a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. The streaming business area offers subscriptions for audiobooks and e-books under the Storytel and Mofibo brands. Storytel’s publishing business area is carried out through the publishing houses Norstedts, Massolit, StorySide, Printz Publishing, People’s Press, Rabén & Sjögren, B.Wahlströms, Gummerus, Lind & CO and more. Storytel operates in 25+ markets around the globe and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Marketing Manager at Storytel France
Loading application form
Already working at Storytel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.