At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. We offer hundreds of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks to customers in more than 27+ markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. Storytel is Northern Europe's largest audiobook streaming service and we’re now looking for a Data Analyst to join the team! Storytel’s vision is to make the world a more empathic and creative place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed anytime, anywhere by anyone.
About the Team
As a Data Analyst, you will belong to the Analytics team who is responsible for delivering insights to the entire Storytel organization. We combine technical and statistical skills with business acumen and tailored communication to drive change at Storytel, using data. Our stakeholders work in domains ranging from product development and content management to business strategy and marketing.
Our technology stack is built on top of Google Cloud Platform and includes but is not limited to BigQuery (SQL), Looker and Jupyter Notebooks/Python.
About the Role
As a Data Analyst at Storytel you will have the opportunity to provide the organization with actionable insights to facilitate decision making and enable commercial opportunities. End-to-end responsibility ranges from problem articulation, preparing & structuring of underlying data assets, analysis & data visualization as well as communication of final recommendations to business stakeholders. You master the intersection of traits such as statistical understanding, programming, presentation and people skills. You will also have the opportunity to be an internal data ambassador and upskill business stakeholders in order to grow data literacy at Storytel.
Some other things you will do is:
- Individual contributor performing efficient data analysis from start to finish
- Problem - Problem articulation, translating business needs to data requirements, forming of hypotheses
- Extract - Understand what data that will provide evidence to the question at hand
- Analyze - Identify patterns and derive valuable information from complex data, translate information into insights
- Report - Visualize and communicate findings to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners across domains and proactively suggest ways to improve our business through a data-driven approach
- Improve data literacy at Storytel through being an ambassador showcasing how data can be used practically in combination with domain expertise to grow Storytel
- Collaborate with data scientists and data & analytics engineers to make sure the data products we build drive business value
- Focus on building reusable assets that improve efficiency throughout the analytics workflow
To be successful in this role we believe that you:
- Have a few years of experience of structuring and solving complex problems using data and technology (BI/Analytics/Data Engineering)
- Are proficient in SQL and Python or equivalent
- Are an organized, structured and logical thinker with a methodical, clear approach to solving business problems
- Are able to identify and understand the needs as well as the underlying questions of the business, and are able to use this knowledge to provide insights directed to answer those questions
- Have experience in analyzing and visualizing data as well as developing analytics solutions/data products using modern analytics platforms/visualization tools (e.g Looker, Tableau, Amplitude and similar)
- Enjoy solving problems and finding solutions independently and are proactive in seeking out opportunities to learn and improve existing products and processes
- Are able to effectively communicate your ideas with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Are open to learning from others and welcome receiving feedback and advice to improve your own skills and knowledge
- Are respectful of the ideas and contributions of others and are able to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives
- Strive to produce high-quality deliveries which are easy to understand and act upon
And for some bonus points if you have
- Experience in the GCP tool stack (Looker, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling and engineering procedures
- Experience with statistical modeling
- Experience in applying Machine Learning techniques to solve business problems
- Experience with the modern data stack and ecosystem
What we offer
At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in.
Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories. There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.
- Stockholm, Copenhagen
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
The Storytel culture in 3 words?
Trusting, Collaborative, Innovative.
Number of orange headphones?
Times we celebrate?
Whenever we have something to celebrate. It could be the launch of a Storytel Original, a great cross functional collaboration or a housewarming party. We like to celebrate - preferably with cake.
Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and offers unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Storytel is a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. The streaming business area offers subscriptions for audiobooks and e-books under the Storytel and Mofibo brands. Storytel’s publishing business area is carried out through the publishing houses Norstedts, Massolit, StorySide, Printz Publishing, People’s Press, Rabén & Sjögren, B.Wahlströms, Gummerus, Lind & CO and more. Storytel operates in 25+ markets around the globe and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Loading application form
Already working at Storytel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.