Senior Full-Stack Developer
At Storytel, we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services, and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 27+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Storytel is redefining the whole public-facing web and we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer with a front-end focus to join us on this exciting journey.
About the Role and Team
As a developer in the Growth Web team, you will work with both experienced and junior colleagues in a small team across a wide field of technologies. Being an autonomous team, we have a lot of creative freedom, the opportunity to influence the product and ways of working. Currently, the team is a part of a cross-functional group of people from different functions working towards the same goal within the Growth domain and that is to improve the overall web experience to millions of users as well as increasing the conversions. We are as passionate about web performance and SEO as we are about the developer experience. We also like to learn and have fun through recurring events, such as Lunch and Learn and Lab Day.
As an experienced full-stack developer with an emphasis on the front-end in the Growth Web team, you will take an active role in making architectural decisions, planning, developing and leading some of the team’s initiatives. An ideal candidate would be someone who creates high-quality code, understands the whole system and the connection between the different services and seeks to challenge the status quo.
- You are an experienced full-stack developer with a front-end focus
- You are motivated by solving complex problems in a full stack environment.
- You like to be involved in all stages in the development process.
- You care about delivering high-quality products and encouraging others to do the same
- You are a team player and are willing to support others
- You understand agile principles and you apply them in your day to day work
- You have ambitions in technical leadership, ready to mentor a junior developer and be a role model
You are well-versed with
- Semantic HTML with WCAG best-practices
- Modern CSS (CSS Grid, responsive, mobile-first)
- Working with design systems
- Profiling and optimizing for the best user experience, Web Vitals
- General understanding of how the web works (dns, cdn, servers)
In addition, you are have experience and/or are interested in:
- Writing readable, maintainable and performant code.
- Modern web development.
- NextJS, Design System and monorepo.
- Working with any website layout
- Collaborating in cross-functional group settings, as you will often interact with designers and marketing people
- Being on call
- Writing testable code and ensuring critical logic has test coverage.
- Keeping up with the latest best practices, common frameworks, and tools.
- Learning as well as teaching others and seeing best practices applied by educating, workshopping, pair programming, and other similar activities involving your co-workers.
- Code reviewing process and understand that reviewing is as important as writing code.
- Methodical approach to debugging and fixing problems in distributed systems.
- Experimenting and exploring new domains in business and technology.
- Our product and in helping our customers enjoy audio stories anytime, anywhere.
It would be a bonus if you already have worked with some of our tech stack
- Frameworks: React, NextJS, Storybook
- Containers: Docker, K8S
- Deployment: Terraform
- Tooling: npm, turborepo, webpack, babel, code-splitting
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
- Testing experience: Unit, Integration, E2E with Jest / Cypress / Playwright
What we offer
At Storytel, we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities, and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they genuinely believe in.
Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, and collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories. There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation, and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we think highly of giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And, of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English, and we look forward to reviewing your application!
The Storytel culture in 3 words?
Trusting, Collaborative, Innovative.
Number of orange headphones?
Times we celebrate?
Whenever we have something to celebrate. It could be the launch of a Storytel Original, a great cross functional collaboration or a housewarming party. We like to celebrate - preferably with cake.
Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and offers unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Storytel is a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. The streaming business area offers subscriptions for audiobooks and e-books under the Storytel and Mofibo brands. Storytel’s publishing business area is carried out through the publishing houses Norstedts, Massolit, StorySide, Printz Publishing, People’s Press, Rabén & Sjögren, B.Wahlströms, Gummerus, Lind & CO and more. Storytel operates in 25+ markets around the globe and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Senior Full-Stack Developer
Loading application form
Already working at Storytel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.