At Storytel, we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. We offer hundreds of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks to customers in more than 27 markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. Storytel is Northern Europe's largest audiobook streaming service, and we're now looking for senior engineering managers to join the team!
Storytel's vision is to make the world more empathic and creative, with great stories to be shared and enjoyed anytime, anywhere, and by anyone.
About the team
The Monetization team runs and operates our global subscription and payment platforms that handle business-critical functionality in subscription management, payment provider management, billing, revenue reporting, partnership integrations, and customer entitlements. The monetization team will play an instrumental role in Storytels future success, enabling us to grow our subscriber base from today's 2 million to over 30 million subscribers in 2030.
About the role
As the senior engineering manager in Monetization, you'll grow and coach engineers with primarily backend expertise, helping them to shape the platform and meet our product goals. The goal for the team is to provide a flexible and scalable Monetization platform that handles our subscription products, billing, campaign offerings, and payment methods and to package this in components that are easy for both this and other teams at Storytel to work with and extend on.
Your primary responsibility is to create an environment where everyone in your area can excel; on the team, domain, and org levels. You will ensure a high level of teamwork, transparency, and efficiency in collaboration within and with other teams.
- Grow, coach, and guide talents directly and through other leads reporting to you.
- Ensure that meaningful goals are set and met within all teams in your area.
- Work with and contribute to the rest of the engineering management group on our policies and long-term goals.
- Be accountable for technical delivery and work with your area on strategy and execution.
- Ensure that there is a strong culture of innovation and experimentation.
- Growing new leaders, both within the IC and management track. Develop people through coaching and mentoring. Conduct regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with talents to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their growth.
- Responsible for operational excellence, how we run reliable and scalable services, and the process resulting in these services being delivered.
- Recruit great talents within all disciplines of your area.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building for others and always makes technology choices with this end goal in mind. You are action-oriented and enjoy continuously working on improvement within the team. You anticipate and address communication, performance, interpersonal dynamics, and unclear ownership issues.
To be successful in this role, we believe that you:
- Have experience in running highly effective teams with an internal platform scope.
- Have experience working with SaaS platforms, preferably in the monetization area
- Have experience in guiding through change safely and productively.
- Are strategic and visionary, not afraid to push the envelope, and questions the status quo.
- Are technical but prefer leaning on management and facilitation skills to drive technical decision-making. You put people and team first, and understand how that is the foundation for everything we do.
- Have experience in working with distributed and remote teams.
- Have good communication skills.
- Believe in innovation and experimentation.
What we offer
- Your yearly education budget
- A workplace that values creativity and personal initiative
- Limitless audio and ebooks from our service
- An international team of super-talented colleagues
- Explore, work, and implement some of the newest and hottest technologies
- A company full of book lovers
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible remote working solution - you choose if you want to work from home or the office
- Ability to work from any of our offices in Umeå, Stockholm, Karlstad, Lund, and Copenhagen
If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know, and we will contact you as soon as possible.