At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and eBook streaming services present in 28+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Storytel, a Swedish company founded in 2005, is both a digital platform provider as well as a comprehensive publishing group. We are now looking for a Country Manager to join our Icelandic team!
About the role
As Country Manager for Storytel in Iceland, you will work with our local team and centralized functions to set short and long-term strategies to fuel Storytel’s growth on the market. The role includes full P&L ownership, which implies building a strong and well-liked brand, overseeing the development of our content market offering, and further improving our local product market fit, and growth strategies, with the ultimate aim of growing our customer base in Iceland.
In this role, you will lead our local team in Reykjavik. Leadership is an essential part of the role, and we are thus looking for candidates with a strong track record in building high-performing teams.
You will be part of a Nordic group of Country Managers with whom you will exchange ideas and share knowledge regularly. You will also work closely with the Nordic Regional teams and centralized functions. You will report to the Chief Business Officer of Nordics.
- We are looking for an individual that has the following:
- A university degree in Business or similar, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of proven professional experience from areas within business management, growth marketing, strategy or similar
- Experience in a successful high-growth digital consumer business, preferably in a streaming or subscription service context
- An understanding of dynamics and trends in the Icelandic consumer media landscape
- Demonstrated experience in building strong teams through solid leadership skills
- Excellent English and Icelandic communication skills, both written and spoken
To thrive in this role, we believe that you are data-driven, have high execution capacity and have excellent organizational skills. In addition, we believe that you are a team player who thrives in following through on projects from idea to execution.
What we can offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old truths. The Storytel culture – characterized by being welcoming and helpful – is important to us. We don’t believe in micromanagement, but we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow with it.
Do you think this sounds like a role for you? Then please send in your application in English!