At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and eBook streaming services present in 28+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are looking to strengthen our German team by adding a Content Coordinator!
About the team
The German team is a small team, established in 2020. You will be working with passionate employees that are ambitious, leading with an entrepreneurial spirit to tackle the challenges of the German market. As the Content Coordinator, you will be key in establishing the structure for the team to continue to grow and expand.
You will also work closely with the central teams and regional content team. As part of the fast-changing Storytel organisation, you will be welcomed by colleagues in 28+ markets across the world.
About the role
As the Content Coordinator, you will report to the Country Manager in Germany. You will be managing the commercial relationships with publishers and rights holders and coordinating the production of original audiobooks.
The main goals of the role are to:
- Ensure a smooth, efficient and optimized running of the German content activities by setting up and implementing local processes in collaboration with Global Teams
- Establish Storytel as the partner of choice for publishers and rights holders by delivering excellent partners management service
- Deliver on a competitive content strategy by leading the production of top-quality exclusive content
- Enable the growth of the German Content Revenue and team by supporting daily tasks of ingesting, curating and promoting content.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Main Point of Contact for daily management of publishing partners
- Main Point of Contact for internal teams post agreements
- Market prospection to secure new partnerships
- Responsible for managing databases, ensuring optimal content availability to customers
- Execute the publishing plan by being responsible for editorial work, contracts, design and dealing with external and internal partners. This includes the coordination of content productions.
- Market measurement, competitive intelligence, and analysis of key trends
- Fluent or on a professional level in German and English, both written and spoken
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and be accountable as well as ability to work with teams of different cultures based in multiple countries
- Strong organizational skills and enjoy implementing processes to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Experience with gathering, organizing and analyzing complex data to deliver reports
- Strong social and communication skills
- We believe that you have a strong interest in books and audio (including podcasts), and that you keep yourself up-to-date on the entertainment industry.
What we can offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and eBooks from our service!
The role is a one-year contract, full-time, based in Berlin, Germany. You will have access to office facilities in Berlin as well as the flexibility to work from home.
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Please write your cover letter and CV in English.