At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime.
About the role and the team
We are now looking for a seasoned Product Manager to lead and shape our growth initiatives on app. The GAPP (Growth App) Team is a small and cross functional team building end-to-end features and running everything from the first app experience, sign up to other growth areas further into the app. You will work in a dynamic setting, with continuous organizational development to ensure we deliver on our customer promise to make the world a better place by making stories available to anyone, anywhere, anytime, and to achieve high-set global targets of 30% revenue growth, as well as explicit EBITDA targets. The GAPP team will play an instrumental role in Storytel's future success, enabling us to grow subscriber base from todays 2 million to over 30 million subscribers in 2030.
Key responsibilities in the role:
- Lead the team together with the engineering manager, being responsible for delivering desirable business outcomes and set objectives
- Define and maintain the product roadmap in alignment with business stakeholders and our other product teams
- In collaboration with Engineering Manager you'll define the product vision, way of working, strategy and metrics for the Growth App Team
- Work closely together with the Product Manager for Growth Web and other marketing areas to accelerate growth across the whole funnel
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers by using qualitative user research and quantitative analysis to further improve Storytel's app experience and to increase our customer base
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to cultivate a team culture of impact, performance, happiness, and health. Role modelling the organisation to getting better at understanding and prioritising the most important needs
- Develop positive relationships with senior leaders and partners across the commercial organisation, effectively gaining buy-in of strategy
- Extensive experience from a SaaS business or global tech company, ideally building global solutions to grow subscribers count in multiple markets
- You have experience delivering highly successful and innovative software products as a product leader
- You have experience defining, building, shipping and evaluating growth solutions. Subscription product experience is highly desirable
- Expertise in building products with focus on customer experience. You have deep technical understanding and are able to drive technical discussions with cross-functional teams
- Collaborative mindset
To thrive in this role, we believe that you have an entrepreneurial mindset, love to challenge the status quo and find creative ways to crack hard problems. Moreover, you are an advocate for a high performance and outcome focused culture and aspire for the best with a burning desire for excellence but take a pragmatic approach to achieving your goals.
What we offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like to do things in new ways and we like to question old truths. The Storytel culture - known for being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We offer flexible working hours and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in. And of course – you get unlimited access to audio and ebooks from our service!
- Plenty of autonomy and responsibility
- A workplace that values creativity and personal initiative
- Limitless audio and ebooks from our own service
- An international team of super-talented colleagues
- A company full of book lovers
- Ability to work from any of our offices in Umeå, Stockholm, Karlstad, Lund, and Copenhagen