At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services that offers unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are now looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Machine Learning team.
About the Role
Storytel is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join the Machine Learning team, within the Data & Engineering Foundation domain. We are working on a range of exciting problems centered on automated content curation, recommendations, and customer engagement. In this role you will be part of a team that is creating solutions that connect our users to stories from all over the world.
As an Senior Data Scientist at Storytel, you will:
- Join a centralized Machine Learning team that is part of our larger Engineering organization
- Develop and improve end-to-end machine learning models that will have a high impact on the end user and our decision making
- Work closely with the Data Engineering and MLOps teams to deploy robust machine learning systems
- Collaborate with product teams to design and analyze experiments which test the performance of our models
- Contribute your data science expertise to the development of Storytel’s engineering assets (MLOps frameworks, data pipelines, etc)
- Identify and lead new modeling projects which will support the various Product Strategy initiatives
- Pitch ideas and present results & recommendations to stakeholders and within our Engineering Domain
- Participate in ML community meetings, journal clubs and related activities where you will share knowledge and learn together with your peers
We expect the ideal candidate to have several qualifications:
- PhD/MS in Computer Science/Applied Mathematics/Statistics/DS/ML or related fields with knowledge in machine learning
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience (minimum 2 years of professional experience for PhD graduates)
- Significant breadth and depth of statistics/ML knowledge
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Experience in building recommender systems
- Experience with Cloud native technologies and/or the Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with model deployment and knowledge of MLOps best practices
- Expertise in experimentation methodologies
We are looking for team members who are:
- Passionate about search, recommendation systems and AI technologies and like to stay up to date with the latest developments in the area
- Independent thinkers that are able to work autonomously but can also work in teams with different backgrounds
Collaboration is key in everything we do, therefore humility and strong verbal and written communication skills are of utmost importance.
What we offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We believe in doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we value individual responsibility and having people grow alongside their peers.
We offer flexible working hours, learning opportunities to continuously develop yourself, remote working possibilities and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in. And of course – you get unlimited access to audio and ebooks from our service!
This candidate will ideally be located in Copenhagen, Denmark or Stockholm, Sweden. We also welcome fully remote positions in the EU region for the right profile.