At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and we offer listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team.
About the Role
Storytel is hiring a Senior Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering team, within the Data & Engineering Foundation domain. We are working to build the next generation data ecosystem which enables our machine learning and product teams to deliver automated insights and recommendations internally to Storytel’s internal partners and end users.
As a Data Engineer at Storytel, you will:
- Build a large scale, highly performant self service data platform using cutting edge technologies while focusing on scalability, robustness and minimizing technical debt
- Drive internal tooling and process development for continuously increasing data quality
- Constantly strive to improve the engineering experience of our users
- Implement effective data governance across the business
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, BI analysts and product teams to tackle data challenges
About the Team
The Data Engineering team is responsible for delivering data and insights to the entire Storytel organisation. We drive the full data lifecycle, from ingestion to delivery, and help ensure that the rest of the business has the data, tools and engineering collaboration needed to help them make informed data-driven decisions. As a team we provide cross-functional competencies in data engineering as well as BI development to the rest of Storytel.
The ideal candidate has several of the following qualifications:
- +5 years of experience working as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer, with hands-on coding experience in Python and SQL (required)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and cloud data warehousing (preferably BigQuery)
- Experience with designing and developing pipelines and data integration solutions using ELT tools such as dbt™
- Experience with data modeling, access and storage
- Experience working in an agile setup
- Passion and drive for continuous learning and pride in establishing software engineering processes and best practices
- Extensive experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Infrastructure as code
- CI/CD workflows
- Knowledge of the MLOps paradigm
Moreover, collaboration will be key in everything you do, therefore humility and strong verbal and written communication skills are of utmost importance.
What we offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy, we like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterised by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it.
We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in. And of course – you get unlimited access to audio and ebooks from our service!
This candidate will ideally be located in Copenhagen, Denmark or Stockholm, Sweden. We also welcome fully remote positions in the EU region for the right candidate. Does this sound like an opportunity for you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as possible.