At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life.
Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets.
Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime.
About the Team
The Infrastructure team at Storytel provides the cloud infrastructure and tooling for the core product teams to efficiently manage the full life-cycle of the applications that they build. Our role is that of enablers and experts - by provisioning cloud infrastructure, providing best-practices knowledge, supporting the teams in making the most of the platform's capabilities, and providing excellent, well-maintained tools and services enabling us to run applications securely and reliably.
Our team’s expertise is very diverse, varying from cloud infrastructure, through networking, to development tools and more.
About the Role
Take the next step in your career as a Cloud Platform Engineer at Storytel! You will work with cutting edge technologies alongside experienced colleagues. You will build and maintain tools that help our teams manage the full life-cycle of their systems. At Storytel, engineers are viewed as leaders within the Individual Contributor roles, aiming to create impact and drive initiatives to bring our audio entertainment service to millions of users.
You will work with different technologies including GCP, MySQL, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Service mesh (Linkerd), ArgoCD, Prometheus, Cloudflare and more.
While the Storytel stack is very diverse, using many different languages across the teams (Java being the most dominant one), at the Infrastructure team we mainly use Go.
To be successful in this role we believe that you have
- At least 4 years of experience working with developer enablement, in a role of Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud Operations, Site Reliability Engineering, Cloud Systems Administrator or similar.
- Experience working with cloud services - Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS or similar
- Familiarity with container technologies, Kubernetes and distributed systems. Ideally, you have experience with container orchestration in the cloud.
- A solid understanding of the software development cycle
- Basic understanding of IT security practices (e.g. encryption, certificates, key and secret management) and network concepts (e.g. DNS, routing,...)
- An ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken)
And for some bonus points, you have experience or a keen interest in:
- Go, Java or other programming languages
- Working with and managing Databases - MySQL, Postgres, or others
- Infrastructure-as-code and configuration management
- Observability & Monitoring
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
What we offer
At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in.
Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories. There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterised by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.