At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are now looking for a Financial Controller to join the team!
About the Role
As a Financial Controller, you play an active role in the Group's central finance department, responsible for financial reporting, planning, follow-up and control. You will be working with the inhouse managed entities but also with the local accounting firms in the different countries where Storytel has presence and have contact with many international colleagues as well as external auditors.
In your role, you will work closely with both the accountants and the business controllers to ensure that we have an accurate report by follow-up of internal KPIs and analyze financial reports to identify discrepancies. The Financial Controller will work to streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, be able to train staff on accounting issues and promote regulatory compliance. We also see that you in your role will be an advocate for scalable financial structure.
The role includes:
- Examining financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Analyzing and follow up on internal KPIs on a monthly basis
- Collaborating with Accounting and Business Controlling in the financial follow up and investigations
- Creating systems, controls and procedures to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Independently assure accuracy of financial statements
- Resolving financial problems and analyzing profit & loss
- Proactively work to identify areas to improve business efficiencies and reduce costs
To be successful in this role we believe that you have :
- 7+ years accounting experience
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters qualifications, such as Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration - or equivalent experience
- Excellent English and Swedish skills, both written and spoken
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, both K3 and IFRS
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Profound experience of accounting systems (our ERP is Netsuite) and Excel
- Experience with leading projects and initiatives
It is an advantage but not a requirement to have:
- Experience from a listed company
- Experience from a scale-up or a fast-growing company in an international setting
We also believe that you have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and are well organized. You are used to plan for and manage deadlines. The accountant team works closely together and have an open communication and collaborative environment, and we of believe that you are a person who will thrive in such environment.
What we offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it.
We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in. And of course – you get unlimited access to audio and ebooks from our service!
This role will be located in Stockholm. Does this sound like an opportunity for you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as possible.