Do you want to be a part of the Storytel team and help us with improving the existing Android app? Do you want to work with improving the architecture, jetpack compose, CI, automation, hilt, kotlin coroutines/flow, and more?
At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Storytel’s Android Platform Team is looking for another android developer.
About the team
The Android Platform team is responsible for making sure the app is top quality in all aspects, from architecture, UI, automation, testing, CI, tooling, and much more.
In our team, we want to provide the best experience for our users and also the best development experience for all Storytel’s Android developers.
We use the Jetpack Libraries extensively and take full advantage of everything kotlin has to offer, from build scripts to UI. We are using coroutines and flows extensively. A lot of our UI is written with Jetpack Compose with our own in-house design system completely written in Compose.
You are passionate about developer productivity and eliminating pain points and inefficient processes. Has a passion for automation. Someone that is comfortable with joining other teams within Storytel, and help them find good solutions. Figuring out their pain points so we can help them to work much faster.
You enjoy assisting and advising product teams on technical decisions and problem-solving. Being an engaged team member, a person delighted when others reach out to them, but is also delighted to reach out to others to foster knowledge sharing and mentorship.
In addition to this you also:
- Work with common components such as UI, common libraries, networking and such, to make it easy for developers in feature teams to do the right thing, the right way.
- Keep up to date with the latest best practices, common frameworks and tools to continuously define into a common set of coding guidelines and best practices for the app.
- Internally spread knowledge and see best practices applied by educating, workshopping, pair programming and other similar activities involving other employees.
- Take ownership of the quality of the application, both as a “monitor” and “reviewer” in addition to “coder”
- Work with teams to troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
- Comfortable with experimenting and learning on competency areas outside their comfort zone.
What we offer
At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in.
Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories. There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.