At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Storytel is looking for a Director of Product to lead and shape our Growth domain.
About the role
We are looking for a Director of Product to be responsible for our product work in the Growth Domain, setting the long term vision and leading the Product teams responsible for the execution of that vision. Together with Engineering, Marketing, and Engagement/CRM, the Growth Domain is responsible for identifying and validating opportunities to optimize the experience for our new customers and improve customer activation across Storytels platforms and customer lifecycle.
As part of this team, you will work in a dynamic setting, with continuous organizational development to ensure we deliver on our customer promise to make the world a better place by making stories available to anyone, anywhere, anytime, and to achieve high-set global targets of 30% revenue growth, as well as explicit EBITDA targets.
In this role, you will define and drive product vision, strategy and metrics for the Growth Domain and manage 2-4 Product Managers. As a leader for the team, you will hire, coach, and develop direct reports into high-performing Product managers. You will partner with cross-functional leaders to cultivate a team culture of impact, performance, happiness, and wellbeing.
The role will be part of the product & operations leadership team and you will contribute to the overall growth strategy for Storytel. The role will be reporting to Storytels COO and CPO, and be part of the Growth Domain’s management team.
Key responsibilities in the role
- Own Storytels onboarding funnel (web and apps) delivering a fantastic and efficient welcoming experience, resulting in best in class conversion and activation
- Ensure a strong online presence for Storytel though our website, providing an amazing conversion journey into the world of stories and a strong presence in search engines
- Be an advocate for product led growth and develop strategies to fuel our organic growth.
- Drive toward business impact and make tough calls when needed. Own decisions for the domain roadmap, assessing impact and opportunity cost. Ensuring your teams are focusing on the right things, balancing short versus long term needs
- Understand our current and new markets, competition, and user requirements in depth
- Develop positive relationships with senior leaders and partners across the commercial organization, effectively gaining buy-in of strategy
- You have experience delivering highly successful and innovative software products as a product leader, with several years experience hiring, growing and directly managing Product Managers at all stages of their careers
- You have vast experience defining, building, shipping and operating consumer products. Subscription product experience is highly desirable
- You have experience building and running stable infrastructure at a global scale
- Metrics-minded; experience with a/b testing on a large scale
- You have deep technical understanding and are able to drive technical discussions with teams
- You have a proven ability to drive change across the organization
- Collaborative mindset, working together with key stakeholders within our organization to deliver on our growth goals.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, love to question the status quo, and to find creative ways to crack hard problems
To thrive in the role, we believe that you are open minded, pragmatic and have a passion for building and developing businesses. You understand the beauty of delegating mandates and can work without prestige with all functions in Storytel. We also believe that you are an advocate for high performance and outcome-focused culture. You aspire for the best with a burning desire for excellence but take a pragmatic approach to achieving your goals.
What we offer
At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in.
Storytel’s culture encourages self-leadership, innovation, collaboration – and our employees share a common passion for high-quality content and stories. There is a strong emphasis on continuous development, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and ebooks from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, please submit your application in English and we will contact you as soon as possible.