Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and ebook streaming services. At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. We offer hundreds of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks to customers in 25+ markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. We are now looking for a Junior Administrative Assistant to join our Legal department.
About the role
In this role, you will support our Paralegal and whole legal team by being responsible for a wide range of legal administrative tasks required by our Swedish and international operations. The position will assist with the corporate governance work for the companies in the Group, which will include duties such as preparing documentation for signing, collecting signatures, coordinating the notarization of documents, following up on deadlines internally as well as against authorities, legal advisors and other third parties.
You will also be responsible for the cloud-based agreement database, which means that you need to ensure that agreements and corporate documentations are archived correctly digitally and, when necessary, also archived in Storytel’s physical archives. The position will also be responsible for updating the legal department’s information on our intranet.
Examples of tasks
- Support our Paralegal and lawyers by handling administrative duties in the Group's corporate governance work
- Responsible for the cloud-based agreement database
- Responsible for archiving physical company formalities
- Provide some administrative support to the Finance department when required
About the team
As our Junior Legal Administrative Assistant you will be part of the legal department currently consisting of nine lawyers and one paralegal and will report to the senior lawyer heading the legal team for Expansion & Corporate matters.
We are looking for a positive and proactive assistant who likes new challenges and enjoys working in a digital environment. You have excellent organizational skills, work in a structured manner and understand the importance of respecting and meeting deadlines.
To be successful in the role we believe that you have:
- At least 1 year work experience with administrative tasks (strongly beneficial to have worked in a legal context)
- Ability to manage multiple projects with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently and continuously follow up on ongoing projects and tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build great relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both Swedish and English
It is also a bonus if you have an education within administration or legal administration.
What we can offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity is welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old truths. The Storytel culture – characterised by being welcoming and helpful – is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement, but we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow with it. And we always find time for “fika” (the Swedish word for sitting down and having a cup of coffee together).