At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and eBook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 25+ markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. As we continue to grow, we are now looking to add another legal counsel with experience with mergers and acquisitions to our legal team.
About the Role
Storytel is a fast growing international company group which works actively with expanding both through organic growth as well as through strategic acquisitions. We are now looking to further strengthen our internal M&A team, which is part of our global organisation, with a dedicated legal resource.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to advise in negotiations related to contemplated acquisitions, deal structures, assist with drafting of contracts and transaction related documents, conduct risk assessments, provide legal support during the post closing integration phase and further develop and improve our templates and processes related to our M&A activities. In this role you will also, when needed, provide advice and support in relation to internal restructuring activities, such as asset transfers, mergers and liquidations.
As part of the legal team, you may also encounter many other fields of law and should be comfortable in investigating and advising in areas of law outside your main area of expertise.
About the Team
This role will be part of the Storytel legal team headed by our General Counsel. In this role you will work closely with and report to our Senior M&A & Corporate Legal Counsel. As part of the cross functional M&A team you will also work closely together with our M&A Manager as well as other key stakeholders such as Management, Finance, Communications, People team (HR), Content, Publishing, IT and Tech.
To be successful in this role we believe that you have the following qualifications:
- English language skills to business standard, both written and spoken
- Swedish LL.M (Jur. kand./Juristexamen) or international equivalent such as J.D. degree
- 2-4 years of experience from a Scandinavian law firm with main focus on M&A
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong business oriented mindset
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in stressful and/or ambiguous situations and to manage multiple projects at once and to follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, a genuine team-player mindset and ability to work independently within cross-functional teams
- Ability to think strategically and to give hands-on practical advice
And for some bonus points:
- Experience from working with international/cross-border M&A transactions
- Experience from and/or interest in intellectual property rights within publishing and/or streaming industries
- Fluency in other languages besides English
- Project management experience
This role will be located in Stockholm. At Storytel we trust our employees and believe in their autonomy. We offer flexible working hours, remote working possibilities when possible and flexible public holidays for people to celebrate what they truly believe in.
What we offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and eBooks from our service! You can find more information about the Storytel teams and culture on our career site.
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as we can, with interviews planned for the new year.