Tech – Stockholm
We are looking for talented and driven developers to join our team and help build a service that hundreds of thousand of people use every day to consume books. You are a Java developer with a few years of hands-on experience in building web applications. Preferably you have a very broad knowledge and could call yourself a full-stack developer. It is important that you think it is fun to grow and learn, both as a person and with our team. You love programming and want to be the best at what you do! You speak and write English fluently.
We work using Scrum in small and efficient teams that you will be an important part of.
We have our headquarters on Valhallavägen in Stockholm but our scrum teams are distributed geographically between Stockholm, Lund and Copenhagen. Right now we are looking to hire in the Stockholm office.
What will you do?
- Be a part of one of our development teams being responsible for the whole chain of communicating with our microservice based backend, all the way down to the customer, through website or APIs.
- Write clear, safe and maintainable code covered by tests.
- You will collaborate closely with other app developers, UX designers and backend developers on a daily basis.
- You have at least 3 years of professional hands-on experience in Java development.
- You can implement simple, but powerful solutions for performance-critical and complex domains.
- You have a great interest in modern technologies in general and Java frameworks in particular and like to keep up to date with new exciting stuff being built.
- You understand the importance of having your code covered by tests.
It beneficial if ...
- You are experienced in working with a large scale microservice-based architecture.
- You have been involved in some open source projects you could tell us about.
- You have a University degree in computer science or similar.
- You have knowledge in at least some of these frameworks/concepts/tools: audio streaming, shell scripting, DevOps, Docker, ReactJS, MySQL, C#, Google Cloud Platform, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Continuous Integration, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Websockets.
We offer you
Storytel offers you an opportunity to get into a developing company that embraces the latest technologies on the market. We have a very good culture in the company and put a strong focus on personal development. You can read more about us and our products on www.storytel.se
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!